Wine Friday - or not so friday... Cupcake!

Well, I think I have a pretty valid excuse for missing out on my regular friday post, not that I missed out on the wine, heaven forbid... Loreen and I were up well into the night putting the final touches on Merrick's 2nd birthday party. It was an awesome joint affair, held together with a friends little boy who was also turning 2, a little handsome brown eyed stunner; Leo. The party had two amazing cakes (made and decorated by Loreen), an amazing spread of food by our friends family (who also hosed the affair at their stunning new house - Thanks Roya and Omid!), a bouncy castle (thanks Mark and Sheryl!), and an easter egg hunt. It was the stuffing of the easter eggs that kept us up too late - stickers, bracelets, glow in the dark snakes, rings, yo-yo's, tops, bouncy balls, and bubbles had to find their way into more than 150 eggs before we hit the hay. The result: no friday wine post, but an awesome (and exhausting) party. Thus the fact I had to get another bottle of wine, because I forgot all about yesterdays. 

Tonight's well deserved post party wine!? 
Cupcake, Cabernet Savignon. A cupcake after a party - quite fitting I think...


This juicy little number hails from California's central cost, and rings in at $14.99. Cute label, with a nice hand written lettering for the name only, simple vine borders and a delicate cupcake at the top. Perhaps not a design I would typically be attracted to, but it fits the name "Cupcake" so well, I thought it was quite well done. As for the wine it's self? I'll say right off, get this, it's really tasty and a reasonable price. That, or I'm just incredibly thirsty after a day spent with 24 little boys and girls all around the ages of 2-6... It is really full bodied, somewhat sweet, and quite rich, just a small of tanginess has to be overcome. Quite refreshing, hope you enjoy as much as I do. Oh, and it came with a free stemless glass. That always helps...