Wine Friday: Neck of the Woods

Well, tonight I picked Neck of the Woods for wine friday. I didn't pick it up because it was a recommendation, I didn't pick it up because it was inspiring in it's design (even though it does have a pine cone on it, got to love that - what does it have to do with wine? Nothing). I didn't pick it up because I was particularly drawn to it in any way. It was a simple matter of fate. I picked it up because I thought it had a grunge paintbrush technique, quickly realized it wasn't (was a whole bunch of maple leafs, apparently it's Canadian - yay), but before I could put it back on the shelf, Merrick threw down his very first arm-swinging public tantrum since turning two last weekend. I guess it was only a matter of time. Well, I knew the wine was in at least close proximity of the budget range, and with Merrick flinging his arms about I thought it best not to get to close to the rest of the wines on the rack again. It would have to do, all I had to do was navigate quickly to the till, stand a little too close to the other people in line so they would let me go first, and pay. The neck of the woods got lucky tonight!


I must admit, it's not a bad wine either. It's light, and not overly aromatic, but I have most definitely had many worse. I guess that's not really counting it's blessings, but it says a fair bit. It is the kind of easy drinking summer red that can stand to be a little cooled (not chilled mind you), a wine that would easily give Barbera Da Vine a run for her money, one with better taste, but not nearly as cute a bottle...