Designer: Nigel Coates

To put it simply, Nigel Coates is a creator. He runs a multidisciplinary studio reaching from architecture to furniture, brand development to art. He has a multitude of lights, buildings, interiors, installations, and furniture pieces in the portfolio, and I must admit, every piece is very unique. I can't say I love them all, but I love the originality. Something else I appreciate about the man, in every picture I've ever seen of him, he looks like he's having fun, with a mischievous edge. To understand this, all one need do is look at the Genie Stool he made back in 1988...

Photographer: © Sophie Laslett


Here are a few of my favorite pieces…
Aviator Mirror:
© Nigel Coates


Cara Chair:
© Nigel Coates


Darling Chair (5):
© Nigel Coates


Domo Table:
© Nigel Coates

Rollover Sofa & Footstools:
© Nigel Coates

 Zante Crystal Chandelier:
© Nigel Coates

Battista Floor Lamp:
© Nigel Coates

Medusa Lamp (Black):
© Nigel Coates

Nodo Bios Spectrum Lamp:
© Nigel Coates


Giraffa Stool:
© Nigel Coates